My Dad and I go out and eat dinner just about every day especially during the week and we go to one of the local "theme" steakhouses. Now gee, we are regulars so we get the hello from just about everybody who's waited on us. There is one waitress there who is so cordial, we get a kiss from her. I guess this past Friday must have been "share with the customers" day. She came over and talked about how she had to break up with her boyfriend because he was cheating and was a drug abuser. She was obviously rattled and distraught. Anyway, I found myself on the "other" end of the relationship thing, trying to convince her that she'd be alright. Walking away after taking our order she muttered, "love stinks." I probably would have quoted Bob Dylan and said "love is just a four letter word." During this confab I also heard her divulge her real age and her plans of moving in with this guy. It's incredible what people will tell you if you just sit there and look attentive.
Now another waitress, who I believe only waited on us once, came over to say hello and tell us her birthday was coming up and told us it would be her 20th. It's funny. I don't know how much of this stuff my father remembers because his short term memory is not that good but he does remember "The Kissing Waitress". Kind of reminds me of the "kissing bandit" on The Flintstones. I have a longtime friend, and I was talking to his now longtime girlfriend and he said to her, "watch it he'll draw it out of you". But as far as doing that at a restaurant, all I really want from the waitress is to watch out for my refill, and if she's my type, aBIG KISS.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.