Lo and behold, I was at an Easter dinner with some friends this year and we were outside on that balmy Resurrection Day and there perched on a tree was a cardinal. Now I don't believe in reincarnation. I knew it wasn't my mom. First of all it was a male cardinal, the kind she liked best. No I believe it is a reminder. A reminder that all is well where she's currently living. When Jesus spoke of Abraham and Moses he referred to them as alive and to Himself as a God of the living. Now whether you're a believer in Jesus or not, He was telling His audience that Moses and Abraham are ALIVE. That's the message of Easter. And that day I saw the cardinal, I did not put 2 and 2 together. I was just happy to see one. But as I thought of the cardinal sighting, I remembered it was on Easter and I came up with 4! It was my Mom saying to me, "all is well here. The streets are really paved with gold". Mom I'm coming to see you. I don't know when but maybe a cardinal will lead the way.
That is a sweet story..I wish my Dad would send me a reminder...
ReplyDelete